Landmark Art Deco Estate – Rare Heritage-Listed, Converted Church in Clayfield
Shining brightly as a beacon of architectural artistry and steeped in local history, welcome to a one-of-a-kind church conversion that is revered throughout Brisbane. Constructed in 1938 and granted heritage listed status in 2005, this icon of Avant-Garde style and design is a symbol of enduring beauty that locals love. Perched upon a 1,012m2 block and spanning 550m2 of floorspace, including a sprawling octagonal living zone crowned by 6m ceilings, your spiritual awakening awaits at this landmark, no-expense-spared restoration.
Sympathetically converted from a church to a much-loved home in 2012-13, this marvellous art-deco masterpiece is bathed in soft light that filters in from the rows of high-set casement windows. Blessed with an enchanting ambience, it boasts multiple inviting and versatile areas for relaxation, dining and entertaining, as well as a gourmet kitchen. Fitted with high-end Swiss appliances, an integrated Liebherr fridge/freezer, polished basalt stone benches and scullery, it’s the beating heart of this bespoke home.
The luxury of space continues with five bedrooms and four bathrooms. Relish retreating to the grand master suite sanctuary for your daily rejuvenation. Along with a walk-in robe and access to the pool alfresco area, it’s complemented by an ensuite with freestanding bath and heated New York marble floors. Spoil guests with a self-contained studio with a delightful Travertine ensuite and private entrance (formerly the Sunday School), with another wing dedicated to two more bedrooms and bathrooms with heated towel rails, Hansgrohe Pura Vida fixtures and Michelangelo toilets. Bedroom five, in another separate wing, can also be used as an office with a bathroom and kitchenette, plus this solid brick cavity home includes a double garage with 3phase power.
Outdoors, peace and privacy prevail amongst the mature, shady trees, with a pool on hand for our perpetually balmy Queensland summers. Sit back on the elevated alfresco area and savour the serenity or host guests in style in this garden oasis.
Situated in a supremely central location, approx. 10km from the Brisbane CBD, close to shops and cafes and within easy reach of acclaimed schools, this is the ultimate property opportunity to own a slice of exceptionally crafted Brisbane history. Arrange your private inspection today.
– One-of-a-kind converted church on a 1,012m2 block, constructed in 1938 and heritage listed in 2005
– No-expense spared four-year restoration and conversion by Neylan Architecture
– 550m2 of iconic Avant-Garde style and design by Wrightson and Stewart Interior Design, comprising 5 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms and a gents bathroom
– Art-deco inspired, with supersized octagonal living, dining and entertaining zone with 6m ceilings
– Casement windows in octagonal living zone ensure an even distribution of light during the day is enjoyed
– Multiple ambient sitting areas, including one with steel-framed French doors opening onto the pool terrace
– Gourmet kitchen with integrated Liebherr fridge/freezer, polished basalt stone benchtops, copper sinks, Zip Tap, Blum soft close drawers, Sirius downdraft exhaust and a sliding copper backsplash
– High-end Swiss appliances include Vzug dishwasher, induction cooktop, oven plus a combi-steam oven
– Grand master suite sanctuary with a walk-in robe, an ensuite with heated New York marble tiles, freestanding bath, plus access to the pool alfresco area
– Self-contained studio with a delightful Travertine ensuite and private entrance (formerly the Sunday School)
– Two more bedrooms and bathrooms in one wing and another wing with bedroom five/home office, with kitchenette and bathroom
– Four bathrooms with heated towel rails, Hansgrohe Pura Vida freestanding tub filler, tapware and showers plus Michelangelo toilets
– Heated New York marble tiles in master bathroom, family bathroom and gent’s bathroom
– French pattern travertine tiling in both guest bathrooms
– Double garage with 3 phase power, ideal for Tesla’s
– Steel frame windows are complemented by steel framed French doors that spill onto the terrace
– Solid double brick cavity residence, fringed with a traditional wrought-iron fence and restored roof
– 170m walk to Clayfield Train Station and approx. 10km to the Brisbane CBD
– 350m from Clayfield College, 750m from Eagle Junction State School
– Short drive to St. Rita’s College, St. Margaret’s and Ascot State School