Turn-of-the-Century Queenslander in a Coveted Clayfield Street
History comes alive in a coveted Clayfield street, with this turn-of-the-century Queenslander. Nestled amongst prestigious properties, this 1908 home is trimmed with a traditional exterior, brimming with charm. Indoors, period features including pressed metal high ceilings, ornate fretwork, leadlight windows, French doors, VJ walls and breezeways are a cherished reminder of days gone by while modern touches have been added over time to ensure your essential needs are always met.
Nestled on an elevated and east-facing 810m2 block, a wide veranda fringes the north and eastern sides of this character home, ensuring you can enjoy alfresco living, whatever the season or weather. Suburban views await across the back section, with the glittering Brisbane icon, the Gateway Bridge, shining in the distance. Families will also appreciate the large backyard for kids and pets to play, along with a freeform saltwater pool and deck where you can enjoy sea breezes and balmy evenings over a chilled drink while the children cool off.
Along with a country-style kitchen with a 100cm double Ilve gas cooker and casual meals area, the home hosts formal living and dining upstairs and an expansive family room downstairs. Three of the five bedrooms are located upstairs, and for those seeking extra peace or independence, two more bedrooms are on the lower level. Other features include a home office, solar, air conditioning and rainwater tanks.
Perfectly placed just under 10km from the CBD and approx. 7.5km from the airport, it is conveniently within walking distance of public transport and schools, including Clayfield College, St Margaret’s and St Rita’s. Grab your essentials at Toombul Shopping Centre, seven minutes away, or your local morning coffee from a choice of local cafes.
A charming Queenslander you’ll be proud to own, it’s also ready for you to put your own renovated touches on it – arrange your inspection with Jason Bond on 0407 489 992 today.
– Five bed, three bath turn-of-the-century Queenslander in a coveted street and on an 802m2 block
– Period features including pressed metal high ceilings, ornate fretwork, leadlight windows, French doors, VJ walls and breezeways
– Modern touches have been added, but you can still add your touches and undertake a custom renovation
– Elevated and east-facing with suburban views, including the Gateway Bridge
– Country style kitchen with a 100cm double Ilve gas cooker and casual meals area
– Formal living and dining upstairs and an expansive family room downstairs
– Three of the five bedrooms are upstairs, two more bedrooms are on the lower level
– A wide veranda fringes the north and eastern sides for all-weather enjoyment
– Large backyard for kids and pets, freeform saltwater pool and deck
– Study, solar, air conditioning and rainwater tanks
– Just under 10km from the CBD and approx. 7.5km from the airport and easy ICB access to tunnels South/West
– 7 min drive to Toombul Shopping Centre
– Walking distance to cafes, public transport and Clayfield College, St Margaret’s, St Rita’s